Wednesday 15 September 2010

Exciting Wallpapers

hey,
I was reading through the October issue of Livingetc and came accross this double page spread, I fell in love with the image as soon as I saw it, it looks so simplistic yet so beautiful.
The floral wallpaper called Zephirine, is from the Designers Guild costing £55 per 10m roll, which I think is pretty good, and would look stunning if used on a feature wall. I love how the stripes complement this floral wallpaper too. The striped wallpaper called Closet stripe 351, is £78 per 10m roll by Farrow & Ball which is quite pricey but worth it if it completes the look.


Im very much into this style of design as in the past I have designed just using hand drawn lines for example

This is one of my designs - 'Carnation, Turquois background'

Another double spread that I found really quite interesting was the take on lace. Vivienne Westwood has created a 3D designed wallpaper which can add depth to any small area. At £55 per 10m roll from Cole and Son, this I think is one of my highlights from the magazine!!


This wallpaper reminds me of lazer Cutting techniques adding depth to a piece.

'Lazer Cut garnment', Image taken from Diytrade.com

I Couldn't help but share these ideas with you as they got my quite excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment