Friday 25 May 2012

2012 Olympic Games Come to Wales!

Ok, So I still don't have my Laptop back from being repaired but Today is very exciting as we are Hosting the Olympic Torch (I must Blog about it!). 
Now this blog is not a Tourist Blog by any means but today and over the next few Weeks I thought I would Share Some 'Must Sees' in my beautiful City. I thought I may as well try and promote Cardiff seeing as the 'London' Olympics are on this year.

The Olympic Rings outside the City Hall,
Picture Courtesy of WalesOnline.co.uk

Wales is also hosting the London 2012 Festival, and will be taking part in the record Breaking attempt for the largest Bollywood Dance performance.

'The London 2012 Festival is a 12-week nationwide celebration running from June 21 until September 9 bringing together leading artists from across the world with the very best from the UK'

    -WalesOnline.co.uk (Read More here)

Cardiff has been 1 of 4 city's chosen to Host the Para Olympics Flame Festival which celebrates the lighting of the Para Olympic Flame.

Must See No.1

Cardiff's Millennium Stadium is one of my favourite buildings! I love it and I love that it's a regular haunt of mine! I'm often found here whenever the rugby is on. This Summer the Millennium Stadium is host to the Women's Football.

The Millennium Stadium in All it's Glory.
Image courtesy of www.rugbydata.com

This Stadium is a Must see!! It's magnificent and I feel really privileged to call it mine! The city also Generates an electric atmosphere whenever there is a match day, So I'm looking forward to the day the games commence, It's wonderful.
Not many Stadiums in the world are like this one. What makes this stadium magnificent is the Roof! Yes, my friends it can open and close whatever the weather. It's also a venue for Music concerts, which are unbelievable! Trust me I've been to see one.

Inside the Stadium at A Wales Rugby match,
Image Courtesy of www.rugbydata.com

 The stadium has a capacity of about 75,000 people and is situated in the very centre of Cardiff City. It also has a river flowing next to it, the River Taff, sometimes you can see the local Rowing clubs practising in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment