Wednesday 17 August 2011

Featured Designer - Johanna Basford

When I was talking to my boyfriends sister not so long ago, she introduced me to the wonderful work of Johanna Basford. Johanna Basford is an illustrator who Graduated from Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design in Dundee with a degree in Printed Textiles. Her porfolio mainly consists of Monotone drawings which turn into life size artworks spreading over several sheets of paper. I'm fascinated with her work. It's just so complicatedly beautiful.

Johanna has worked with several clients such as, Absolute Vodka, DKNY and Sony, to name a few.

My favourite print of hers is this one...
It's very simple in comparison to the other prints that Johanna designed but I just love the natural elegance to the piece. The way the artwork flows on the page is stunning.
I just love how from afar it looks like a sophisticated styled heart but as you look closer you begin to realise what beautiful imagery the heart is made up of. I think it has a little bit of a William Morris influence to it. 

I'm actually getting quite jealous of Johanna's Talent! I think her work is truely stunning! I've been requesting some of her prints as a christmas present, It's on my wishlist.
If you would like to take a look at Johannas work then visit her website here. Her website also has a blog and a shop (so you can buy that extra special gift).


No comments:

Post a Comment