Saturday 30 June 2012

New Designers 2012 Part 1

Yesterday I went to the New Designers show in Islington, London. My honest opinion of the show was that it lacked something that the past shows had. I cannot put my finger on it but I wasn't as awe struck as I usually am. Neither the less I still found some amazing talent. Here are some of a few designers that really caught my eye...
Emily Shepherd

When I saw Emily's work, I just had to look closer. It really stood out from the croud. The concept of her designs had a real sense of interactivity. Her wallpapers I would say are mainly aimed for children, as they can explore the texture and colour of each design. These wallpapers are interactive so you can draw on them, write stories and stick magnets to them to hold things in place.
Images Copyrighted to Emily Shepherd
Images Copyrighted to Emily Shepherd
Images Copyrighted to Emily Shepherd

If you would like to see more of Emily's work then please click here. Please Note that all the images above are copyrighted to Emilyshepherddesigns.com and should not be copied in any way.

Leanne Miles

I had the pleasure to meet Leanne and talk to her about her collection. I really liked it. It had something about it that made me want it! Her collection is so feminine and fresh. Her intended use for the designs are to go onto Gift Wrap, but somehow my mind says that the designs would also look really good on soft furnishing products.
'A little Birdie Told me'
Images copyrighted to Leanne Miles

The Next two images are my favourites from Leanne's Collection...
Images Copyrighted to Leanne Miles
Images Copyrighted to Leanne Miles

If you would like to see more of Leanne's work then please click here. The above three images are copyrighted to Leanne Miles and should not be copied in any way.


At the show, I instantly recognised Katies work from Print & Pattern blog. Katie was featured about 2 weeks ago. I was lucky enough to meet Katie and she was lovely. Her work was beautiful up close. Katie offers a range of beautiful designs, with a lot of time and effort gone into the thought process. Here are few of my favourites.
Images Copyrighted to Katie Rowley
Images Copyrighted to Katie Rowley
Images Copyrighted to Katie Rowley
This image was featured in Selvedge magazine, It was wonderful to look at up close. A stunning design based on her experience at Staffordshire University.

If you would like to see more of Katie's work then please click here. The above three images are copyrighted to Katie Rowley and should not be copied in any way.


Lisa's designs are aimed at the childrens market, The collection I saw was very quirky and uplifting. I loved it, I thought that I'd seen it somewhere before and I was right, Lisa was also featured on Print & Pattern Blog a few weeks ago. She has a very distinctive style which I admire.

Images Copyrighted to Lisa Martin
Images Copyrighted to Lisa Martin
Images Copyrighted to Lisa Martin
Images Copyrighted to Lisa Martin

If you would like to see more of Lisa's work then please click here. The above four images are copyrighted to Lisa Martin and should not be copied in any way.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leanne, Thank you for featuring my work :) it was lovley to meet you too. I will be following the blog from now on. Thanks again x

    ReplyDelete