Monday 11 June 2012

The Queens Diamond Jubilee 2012

Last weekend we saw the Queens Diamond Jubilee. What a magnificent event! The whole 4 days were a celebration on a grand scale. Saturday was the excitement of leading up to the celebrations with street parties, Sunday saw the flotilla down the River Thames, Monday we had the extravagant Jubilee concert and Tuesday was the actual Jubilee. In honour of this occasion I wanted to celebrate myself but as we couldn't have a jubilee party I decided I would just make some cakes and have a quiet celebration between myself and my boyfriend. We ate cakes and drank wine, we also danced around the living room (like loons) to the concert! It was great fun!
So here are a few pictures of my cake making. (I think I'm improving!!)

I wanted to try something different, and I saw something like this on the Internet so I gave it a go. It didn't turn out quite as I hoped. The star in the middle was supposed to be red (with the Jubilee and all) but turned out a little orange. I still think it looks good though so I was happy with the result.

Hope everyone had a Fabulous Jubilee weekend!! Happy Celebrations!

No comments:

Post a Comment